Saturday, September 13, 2008

Action Packed Day from Dawn to Dusk

My morning was spent washing all of the upstairs curtains. I hung them out even though the day was overcast and looked as though it might rain. Then I gathered all of our household waste. . .old oil based paint, varnish, rusty cans of liquids with no identification labels, motor oil, etc. Some of the stuff I found has been under the cottage for years. . .hot in the summer and frozen solid in the winter. . .perfect candidates for the hazardous waste collection today at the Benson dump. This eyesore is next on my hit list! I gathered up all the old flower pots and dropped them off at Westbrooke Gardens on my way with the hazardous waste. I gathered up some of the junk and filled two large black bags. Unfortunately it still looks pretty much the same but I am determined so keep checking for an "after" picture to compare with this "before" shot.
About 3pm Barry and I made a trip to the dump with our black bags and recylables and from there we headed over to North Chittenden to deliver some things to Joel and Christine. We dropped deck stain, bananas (39 cents a pound), and laundry detergent that was buy one get two free at the house and then went on up to the school to see them. It was Chittenden Day and Joel and Christine had a table set up as you can see below. Joel had also made a cardboard replica of the church, which I forgot to take a picture of! The church had a belfry with a bell and Joel had little cloth balls (called bats) and everyone that came by and was able to throw a bat into the belfry so that the bell rang was rewarded with a piece of candy! A very popular spot!!
Obadiah took advantage of all the hubbub to disappear. When found he was way down on the playground with a bunch of kids.
Joanie is an nurse in the ER. She was helping all these girls make earrings or bracelets. Hers was one of the most popular tables. Joanie and her family have begun and support a clinic in Kenya. JOPPA, PRN is the name of their ministry. Gracie is in the light blue shirt at the head of the table.




No comments: