Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Things the Salvation Army did not want!

They took the musty, dusty old books. We kept just enough to preserve the cottage ambiance! My car now smells like musty, dusty old books. They did not want my mother's old electrolux vacuum with its myriad attachments. Nor did they want our potty chair or diaper genie. So those items will go to the dump with BJT tomorrow. I have thrown wide the doors to the game cupboard for you to admire my handiwork. Christine has been my "Simplify" coach through this process and without her I would have wavered at many points. Dad, I have found, is not a good "Simplify" coach!
Games from broken boxes have been put in ziploc bags. Multiple games have been shared with the S. A. except for Trivial Pursuit of which we have 3 games. We also have enough chess sets of various sizes and make to host our own tournament. The catchall cupboard under the stairs has been completely emptied and is now home to our recyclables. I would like BJT to come up with a better shelving system for that space that would make it even more usable but it is a start.

2 comments:

Mom 8X said...

Nice job! I'm impressed.

Joel Tom Tate said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! You are doing a great job! Keep it up!