Saturday, May 2, 2009

We Have Too Much Stuff!

We are pooped tonight after a long day of packing. Transporting. . .carrying stuff down to the cottage. . .you get the idea! Barry has been bringing loads over all week so he is really pooped. All the things we brought over are still right where we set them down when we got here except for the frozen things which are in the freezer! We went to the West Haven Historical Society potluck tonight so I did not have to find a usable spot in the kitchen to make dinner. Loretta at the Benson Village Store made my salads!

Edwards has been alarmed to find that after dark this house is surrounded by dogs peering in the window at him. They bark when he barks and that makes him go nuts! The dog outside the sliding glass door is very scary. . .but when I let him out to confront the interloper the other dog disappears much to Edwards consternation. We are thinking he will get used to this. . .he is curled up in the crate. . .the one constant in his ever changing world. Now to rest my weary bones! We will take less stuff next winter. . .remind me come October, please. I would post some pictures but that would require finding my camera and all the requisite cords etc. Ah, home sweet home!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Enjoy the lake house, but don't get to comfy. You still have to make a trip to California.