Friday, July 18, 2008

Taps for the Lumina


The Lumina went for its inspection and the mechanics said "No, no, no, na no no no!" So we have had the emptying out ceremony and said our goodbyes to this bright blue Tate icon. Now Joel will no longer have shuddering visions of his dad driving down the highway clutching only the steering wheel and perched atop the remnants of the driver's seat while the rest of the car fell to rust and dust all around him. I am posting this picture so the rest of the Tate family can say their "goodbyes" as well. We did sign the donor card so parts of "bright blue" may live on!

4 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Farewell old friend.
May you be smelt into a Mercedes...

john tate said...

Like the embers ascending from a mighty bonfire were the Luminas sent on their way by mother Chevrolet - I dare say a very few rose as high before being extinguished as did our beloved death trap. Tell Uncle Jesse we did all we could.

barefootkangaroo said...

She's gone to join 'Ol Patch and the others on that stretch of highway in the sky. Another storied chariot has bid my Father adieu. We have affixed a strip of black electrical tape over the Chevy emblem on our Astro Van. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Joel Tom Tate said...

I have fond memories of driving "Blueberry" (my kids called it that)by myself to get groceries. . . ahhhhhhhhhhh freedom! -CRT